StarFleet Communications Array

Introduction

Picard

Hello Starfleet,

A few days ago, I and a friend of many many years, Jesse, whom I met here in SF have both submitted an application to return to Starfleet after an absence of over a decade. FC having moved on from ST games under different leadership and a different name, and frankly just no longer having the time or the inclination to lead a gaming clan, having done it on and off since 2001, we decided to return where it all started for us. To the fleet that introduced us to gaming, the indefatigable Starfleet.

We've had a great run in UFP and FC but the unfortunate truth is that gaming as a whole has moved on from the Star Trek genre that we so dearly enjoyed at the start of the century. 

Since Starfleet is still around, we're humbly looking to come back to our roots and contribute to it's continuing existence. We do have a lot to offer in several areas such as graphical, technical expertise and the access to many resources such a dedicated server able to host permanent gaming servers. In the future, if invited, there is also the possibility of former UFP/FC officers looking for a new challenge. 

For our part, we can't pledge continued and sustained periods of activity, I'm sure most of you that were around 10 years ago will understand this very well. But nonetheless, we would love to serve, if given the opportunity. 

I would love to be able to get in touch with a council member to answer any given questions and finalize our application process. 

Thank you.

Edited by Picard

Hello Starfleet,

A few days ago, I and a friend of many many years, Jesse, whom I met here in SF have both submitted an application to return to Starfleet after an absence of over a decade. FC having moved on from ST games under different leadership and a different name, and frankly just no longer having the time or the inclination to lead a gaming clan, having done it on and off since 2001, we decided to return where it all started for us. To the fleet that introduced us to gaming, the indefatigable Starfleet.

We've had a great run in UFP and FC but the unfortunate truth is that gaming as a whole has moved on from the Star Trek genre that we so dearly enjoyed at the start of the century. 

Since Starfleet is still around, we're humbly looking to come back to our roots and contribute to it's continuing existence. We do have a lot to offer in several areas such as graphical, technical expertise and the access to many resources such a dedicated server able to host permanent gaming servers. In the future, if invited, there is also the possibility of former UFP/FC officers looking for a new challenge. 

For our part, we can't pledge continued and sustained periods of activity, I'm sure most of you that were around 10 years ago will understand this very well. But nonetheless, we would love to serve, if given the opportunity. 

I would love to be able to get in touch with a council member to answer any given questions and finalize our application process. 

Thank you.

Picard speaks for us both, and we would quite like to give SF another try.  I don't have a great deal of time for the next month, finishing off my thesis... but over the summer break I wouldn't mind catching up on 12 years of missed SF.  I'm not really active in gaming, but I'm pretty decent web and graphics designer and could help out there.  Though if you guys like star citizen.... gaming might be back on the table.  Hope to hear from you soon!  

Hello all,

Though not with as rich of a history as Jesse and Picard, I too am a former FC/RS/SF member and am looking for an active group to play with. I am an active BF4 player, and thoroughly enjoy the classics like A2, EF1, and BC.

Greetings, gentlemen!  My apologies for the late reply; it has been a busy couple of days.  If there is a time that works for each of you, I would love to meet you on our TeamSpeak server and ask a couple of questions about your (re)applications to Starfleet.  TeamSpeak is ideal for ease of communication, but if you prefer, please feel free to private message me on the forums here and we can talk that way as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi picard, Jesse and digi. It has been a long time. How have you all been? As you can see i'm still in sf, not that active as once before. Or that i would like. Hope to hear from you soon.

Felix

Hey Felix... Goodness it's been ages.  Nice to see you again.  

I've been well, at the tail end of my PhD.  Really busy with that and work.  It is truly a gift to see SF still around and kicking.  So many Fleets, so many pillars of the community have gone. All I see is SF and a sea of fickle STO Fleets.  

How have things been around here? 

• 3 months later...

Still around Digi, what's up with Picard my old Mentor in EF? Hope to hear back from you. Sorry for the really late late reply! Good to see Jesse is getting his Phd. Got my Master's a couple of years ago. Damn time flies.

Edited by Metatron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...